from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman's wide-brimmed bonnet with a flap at the back to protect the neck from the sun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hat (bonnet) worn for protection from bright sunlight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bonnet, generally made of some thin or light fabric, projecting beyond the face, and commonly having a cape, -- worn by women as a protection against the sun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light bonnet projecting in front so as to protect the face, and having a flounce or cape to protect the neck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large bonnet that shades the face; worn by girls and women
sun + bonnet (Wiktionary)