from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (of a gas) Above its critical temperature and critical pressure
- adj. Having a mass sufficient to sustain a chain reaction
- adj. Above the speed of sound
- adj. Above some other critical value or range
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Excessively critical; hypercritical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (especially of fissionable material) able to sustain a chain reaction in such a manner that the rate of reaction increases
Sorry, no etymologies found.