from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A current that flows in an opposite direction to the flow of another current.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A current that flows against the prevailing one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Running in an opposite direction.
- n. A current running in an opposite direction to the main current.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A current in an opposite direction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. actions counter to the main group activity
- n. a stretch of turbulent water in a river or the sea caused by one current flowing into or across another current
Sorry, no etymologies found.