American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To do tatting or produce (something) by tatting.
- n. A gene in the AIDS virus that stimulates the host cell to replicate genetic components of the virus.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To entangle.
- To make (trimming) by tatting.
- To work at or make tatting.
- n. Dad; father.
- To touch gently.
- A dialectal variant of that.
- n. A rag.
- To gather rags.
- n. In India, cloth or matting made from different fibers; especially, gunny-cloth.
- n. A pony.
- n. cheap and vulgar tastelessness; sleaze
- n. cheap, tasteless, useless goods; trinkets
- n. a form of looped and knotted lace needlework made from a single thread; often used to refer to academic or liturgical dress
- n. slang A tattoo
- v. transitive, intransitive To make (something by) tatting.
- n. India, dated A pony.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. India Gunny cloth made from the fiber of the Corchorus olitorius, or jute.
- n. (Zoöl.), India A pony.
- n. tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar
- v. make lacework by knotting or looping
- n. a projective technique using black-and-white pictures; subjects tell a story about each picture
- Hindi (Wiktionary)
- Probably back-formation from tatting.t(rans)a(c)t(ivator) (gene). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Hell be a Teviotdale tup tat ane, said the chairman, tat s for keeping ta crown o ta causeway tat gate; hell no gang far or hell get somebody to bell ta cat wi him.”
“As for something real we can study - again tat is comical coming from a person who can't even put forth a testable hypothesis for his position.”
“Coup détat is French for stroke of the state or blow to the government.”
“Granted, tit-for-tat is for kindergartners but really, what did they expect? sensible Cape Coral Fl”
“Zachriel talks about hypotheses, but tat is about it - all talk.”
“Or, alternatively, f*ckwitted z list no-mark bigs it up in tat magazine aimed at illiterate half-wits.”
“The purpose of tit for tat is retribution, not revenge.”
“Coins are tossed, hands are shaken, hastily-purchased tat from the club shop is exchanged.”
“Tit for tat is to score cheap political point, is wrong game especially with our troops in mission without leadership is bad move for republicans senetors, will see you in ballot box next time”
“It looks amazing sounds amazing and i enjoyed the review. all tat is left now is to find a cinema with 3d to watch it!!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tat’.
With the exception of abbreviations and mosaic words all types of words (proper names, past tense of verbs, etc.) are allowed.
different words related to fabrics--types of fabric but also the process of making/marketing/using them
left to right to right to left.
3 letter words, not the girl band.
boggle and speed scrabble would not be half as fun without them.
Words a dyslexic can't get wrong: Palindromes
Many of these nouns also form the gen. sg. with -Ãº: dar, glas, grad, jez, mah, most, nos, pas, plaz, plod, rod, sad, sin (styl.), sled, smrad, strah, tat, trak, vrat, zid; other words that (somet...
Looking for tweets for tat.