from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book used in schools or colleges for the formal study of a subject.
- adj. Being a characteristic example of its kind; classic: a textbook case of schizophrenia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coursebook, a formal manual of instruction in a specific subject, especially one for use in schools or colleges.
- adj. Of or pertaining to textbooks or their style, especially in being dry and pedagogical; textbooky, textbooklike.
- adj. Having the typical characteristics of some class of phenomenon, so that it might be included as an example in a textbook.
Sorry, no etymologies found.