American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that tones, as:
- n. A chemical bath used to change the color of a photographic print or to preserve black-and-white prints or movie film.
- n. A powdery ink used dry or suspended in a liquid to produce a photocopy.
- n. A lotion used to refresh the skin.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which tones.
- n. powder used in laser printers and photocopiers to form the text and images on the printed paper
- n. cosmetic lotion designed to cleanse the skin and shrink pores, usually used on the face
- n. a black or colored powder used in a printer to develop a xerographic image
- n. a lotion for cleansing the skin and contracting the pores
- n. a solution containing chemicals that can change the color of a photographic print
“That's why I've created Hearty Breakfast Soap for Men ™, made with moisturizing sausage and eggs, exfoliating hash browns, and coffee (a skin toner and emulsifier).”
“Or I forgot maybe, Mark, you mentioned it, the toner and I think you guys used the word toner and maybe you could give us a little more visibility on what that word means for NIKE and what the product could look like.”
“Unlike traditional toner, which is created by physically grinding composite polymeric materials to micron-sized particles, EA toner is chemically grown enabling the size, shape and structure of the particles to be precisely controlled.”
“There is still no sign of my toner, which is showing as in stock on their website, but what is starting to worry me is I can't get through on the supplied phone number.”
“The new printer features Xerox's own Emulsion Aggregate High Gloss toner, which is chemically grown, not ground, allowing for smaller, more uniformly shaped toner particles which the company says helps the printer produce better fine line details.”
“The Xerox 700 Digital Colour Press, unveiled in May, is the first product to use the new toner, which is currently being produced in Japan.”
“He said Canon's efforts to increase global market share in office equipment — after its acquisition last year of Dutch printer maker Oce NV — will likely be followed by a stronger growth in high-margin office supplies such as toner cartridges for printers.”
“For laser printers, Xerox is pushing a new kind of toner that requires 25 percent less energy to produce.”
“Office equipment has a business model that is similar to the model for digital cameras: A customer who buys a printer from one manufacturer usually must buy related equipment, such as toner cartridges, from the same company.”
“In addition to the testing of office equipment for its subscribers, Buyers Lab provides consulting services to buyers and a vast array of confidential for-hire private testing services that include document imaging device beta and pre-launch testing, performance certification testing, consumables testing (such as toner, ink and photoconductors), software solutions and print media testing (including virgin and recycled papers).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘toner’.
Words that make other words with the addition of one letter at the beginning. The resulting words are tagged "behead".
Looking for tweets for toner.