from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The surface of a ship's hull above the water line. Often used in the plural.
- n. The highest position of authority.
- adv. On or to the upper parts of a ship; on deck.
- adv. In a position of authority.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The side or part of something that is at the top.
- n. The surface of a ship’s hull that is above the water line.
- n. The structure and assembly of modules above the jacket or gravity base sub structure.
- n. The structure and assembly of modules on the deck of any floating installation.
- n. The outer side of a round of beef.
- adj. Above decks, such as on the weather deck or bridge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The top side; the upper part.
- n. Specifically, the upper part of a ship's sides; the side of a ship above the water-line: commonly in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (usually plural) weather deck; the part of a ship's hull that is above the waterline
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On the few occasions when I get topside from the mineshafts, I've been seeing little blips of light that might fortell some kind of activity over your way in the Galaxy.
From here, there is a risk for the start of a pullback, but a break and daily close back below 1.3765 will be required to confirm and officially relieve short-term topside pressures.
As such, we look for a near-term topside failure and break back below short-term support at 1.5045 to put the pressure back on the downside and re-open a test of critical support by 1.4780.
As such, we look for a near-term topside failure and break back below short-term support at 1.5170 to put the pressure back on the downside and re-open a test of critical support by 1.4780.
As such, we look for a near-term topside failure and break back below 1.4970 to put the pressure back on the downside and re-open a test of critical support by 1.4780.
Therefore, gold's near-term topside potential could be limited.
If these data points can meet or beat then the Aussie may have enough near-term topside momentum to test previous 2010 highs.
Hence, there are quite a few near-term topside obstacles, and the immediate-term goal for bulls will likely be stabilization and to create a new bottom to build a base from.
Technically speaking, the S&P futures have limited near-term topside technical barriers in the form of 12/3 and intraday highs.
As for the topside, the EUR/USD is building near-term topside barriers as it weakens.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.