from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. On board a ship, train, aircraft, or other passenger vehicle.
- adv. At the side; alongside.
- adv. In or into a group, organization, or business: brought aboard two new designers.
- adv. Baseball On base.
- prep. On board of; on; in.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. On board; into or within a ship or boat; hence, into or within a railway car.
- adv. Alongside.
- prep. On board of.
- prep. Across; athwart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- On the deck or in the hold of a ship or vessel; into or upon a vessel.
- Alongside; by the side; on one side.
- On board; into.
- Upon; across; athwart.
- n. Approach. Also spelled abord.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. part of a group
- adv. on a ship, train, plane or other vehicle
- adv. on first or second or third base
- adv. side by side
Our meal that day was what we called aboard ship a ` stamp and go, 'all of us who were drafted being too excited to think much of eating -- all of us, that is, excepting Mick!
Captain Hollinger -- for he assumed this title aboard the _Seamew_ -- looked at the two boys amusedly, then took each by an arm and propelled them toward the companionway.
A few months later, he was again aboard a Huey, this time on a classified mission.
It was my task to tally the pelts as they came aboard from the boats, to oversee the skinning and afterward the cleansing of the decks and bringing things ship-shape again.
Up and Over: While some dog vests now have grab handles, lifting a dog aboard is not difficult.
Weight, with a Leupold VX3 3. 5X-10X scope aboard, is 8 pounds even.
Also coming aboard is Kate Klonick, most recently — like me, like Laura McGann — of TPMmuckraker.
He was a good shot, too, and brought many a skin aboard under what the hunters termed impossible hunting conditions.
Foreign policy adviser Randy Scheunemann, left, chats with John McCain aboard the candidate's chartered plane last week.
When the Earth forces capture the signal and pinpoint its origin, a strikeforce, with Victor Hansen's own grandson Richard aboard, is sent to eradicate this abomination.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.