from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. precarious, delicate, dangerous, risky, sensitive or of uncertain outcome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a phrase descriptive of a narrow escape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of uncertain action or outcome; that may explode, go off, or come to a head on the least touch or provocation; hence, ticklish; uncertain; applied to persons, circumstances, or actions.
- Hasty and superficial; desultory.
- n. An uncertain or precarious state of affairs as regards the happening or not happening of something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fraught with danger
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.