from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To pass through pores or interstices in the manner of perspiration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pass through a pore, membrane or interstice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To pass, as perspirable matter does, through the pores or interstices of textures.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass or ooze through the pores or interstices of a membrane or other permeable substance, as a fluid (transpire being commonly said of gases or vapors).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. release (a liquid) in drops or small quantities
New Latin trānsūdāre : Latin trāns-, trans- + Latin sūdāre, to sweat; see sweid- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)