from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Latticework, especially a trellis for a vine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. latticework for supporting vines, etc.; an espalier; a trellis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Latticework for supporting vines, etc.; an espalier; a trellis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In horticulture, a structure of light posts and rails for supporting wall-trees, etc.; a lattice; a trellis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. latticework used to support climbing plants
French, from Old French treille, bower supported by trelliswork, from Latin trichila, bower, arbor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French treillage. See trellis. (Wiktionary)