Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In paper manufacturing, a large horizontal frame in the loft or drying-room, with hairs or wires stretched across it, on which sheets of paper are hung to dry.
- n. A horizontal frame with wires stretched across it for drying paper.
- n. A fictional alien creature in Star Trek, a cooing ball of fur.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Paper Manuf.) A frame on which paper is dried.
- Probably invented for alliteration with trouble; the creatures first appeared in an episode called The Trouble with Tribbles. (Wiktionary)
“Is there a way possible to find a tribble from a star trek episode?”
“Well, Cyrano Jones says that a tribble is the only love that pants can buy.”
“Cyrano Jones says a tribble is the only love that money can buy.”
“I think the pink fuzzy one is a valentine "tribble".”
“I was playing on hdhouse's word of 'tribble' which is only a word from a Star Trek episode.”
“I transported the whole kit and caboodle into their engine room, where they'll be no "tribble" at all.”
“He had never had musical instruction; he spoke of soprano as "tribble," of alto as”
“I always thought more of Peter MacIntosh when the mysterious "tribble" that needed the Perth doctor made no difference in his manner, and he passed his snuff box across the seat before the long prayer as usual, but in this indifference to privileges Peter was exceptional.”
“Meanwhile, Lt. Uhura buys a small furry pet called a "tribble" and brings it back to the Enterprise, where the creatures rapidly reproduce and threaten to overpopulate the entire Enterprise.”
“First ten people to answer correctly will win a tribble.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tribble’.
you name the setting
I've tuned mine to be gentler and kinder
following suit is not mandatory but would be appreciated
all those wonderful Britsy words that end with a double consonant followed by 'le'
“A verb which denotes the frequent occurrence or repetition of an action, as . . . waggle from wag.” — Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia.
Other examples include bobble (bob), bustle (b...
proper pet names.
All of these things exist, I swear!
fine find endings
Thanks for the title chained-bear
Words and things associated with various fandoms. Words that amuse me in these fandoms. Words from online fandoms.
Looking for tweets for tribble.