American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One of a group of monosaccharides that contain three carbon atoms.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A classname applied, in organic chemistry, to carbohydrates containing three atoms of oxygen in their molecules, such as glycerose (OCH.CH(OH)CH2OH).
- n. A combining-form to indicate the combination into one molecule of three carbohydrate radicals, as in raffinose (melitriose), which is a saccharotriose.
- n. chemistry A sugar or saccharide containing three carbon atoms. Trioses are the smallest monosaccharides. Dihydroxyacetone and L- / D-glyceraldehyde are the only trioses.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A sugar derived from a trihydric alcohol.
- n. A trisaccharide.
- n. any monosaccharide sugar containing three atoms of carbon per molecule
- tri- + -ose. (Wiktionary)
“It is suggested that ad libitum feeding conditions decrease NAD availability which also decreases metabolism of the triose phosphate glycolytic intermediates, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate and dihydroxyacetone-phosphate, which can spontaneously decompose into methylglyoxal MG.”
“We had been mistakenly unsuccessful in not finding the small amount of transfer that was later detected in the triose P isomerase reaction.”
“The low levels of NAD and pyruvate caused by net synthesis of 2, 3-bisPglycerate shifted the equilibrium of the glycolytic intermediates toward high triose-Ps21.”
“Asymmetric labeling due to incomplete equilibration at the triose-P isomerase step seemed unlikely given the enzyme's high efficiency.”
“Using measurements of isotope exchange rates we were led to conclude that the accumulation of triose-P intermediates in human red cells that were incubated with high levels of orthophoshate was due to equilibrium and not”
“It had been observed by Harland Wood's group at Western Reserve that when 14C-lactate or 14C-glycerol are fed to a fasted animal the labeling of the glucose units of liver glycogen was such as to suggest that triose-P isomerase had failed to equilibrate its two triose phosphate substrates during synthesis, or that the condensation reaction of FDP aldolase did not give equal labeling of the two halves of”
“With C. Martius he had succeeded in preparing triose-reductone.”
“The authors point out in conclusion that the conditions of instability and decomposition of the nitrates of the monose-triose series are exactly those noted with the cellulose nitrates as directly prepared and freed from residues of the nitrating acids.”
“Cheap hosting how soa recording mugginess your triose girlishness and gonorrhoea how trademarked nightdress floor marattiales from soa.”
Looking for tweets for triose.