from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Christianity The belief that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct gods, heretical in orthodox Christianity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A belief in three gods.
- n. Any of several forms of Christianity that deny the Trinity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The opinion or doctrine that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three distinct Gods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine that there are three Gods, specifically that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three distinct Gods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Christianity) the heretical belief that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are three separate gods
tri- + theism (Wiktionary)