from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A self-evident truth. See Synonyms at cliché.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A self-evident or obvious truth.
- n. A banality or cliché.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An undoubted or self-evident truth; a statement which is pliantly true; a proposition needing no proof or argument; -- opposed to falsism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An undoubted or self-evident truth.
- n. Synonyms Aphorism, Axiom, Maxim, etc. See aphorism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an obvious truth
Sorry, no etymologies found.