from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The surface of a block of type that makes the impression.
- n. The impression made by this surface.
- n. Printing The size or style of the letter or character on a block of type.
- n. Printing The full range of type of the same design.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The particular design of some type. A font, or a font family.
- n. The surface of type which inked, or the impression it makes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a specific size and style of type within a type family
type + face (Wiktionary)