from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Printing A single piece of type bearing two or more usually separate elements.
- n. A logo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A symbol or emblem that acts as a trademark or a means of identification of an institution or other entity, usually referred to as a logo.
- n. A single type combining two or more letters; a ligature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A single type, containing two or more letters; ; -- called also ligature.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A type on which are cast the letters of a word or syllable; a single type used in place of several types. See logography, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a company emblem or device
logo- + type (Wiktionary)