from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Employed only part-time when one needs and desires full-time employment.
- adj. Inadequately employed, especially employed at a low-paying job that requires less skill or training than one possesses.
- adj. Not fully or adequately used or employed.
- n. Underemployed persons considered as a group. Used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Employed in a job for which one is overqualified; or employed in a job that does not pay as much as one wants or expects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. employed only part-time when one needs full-time employment or not making full use of your skills
under- + employed. (Wiktionary)