from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To raise or lift up; elevate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To raise something up; to elevate.
- v. To move something upright; to erect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To raise; to lift up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mech., a riser; an up-take; specifically, in mining, a secondary shaft or mill-hole carried from one heading or gangway up toward another.
- To raise; lift up.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to become alive again
From up- + raise. (Wiktionary)