from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To steal: heisted the collection of jewels from the museum.
- transitive v. To hold up; rob.
- n. A robbery; a burglary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A robbery or burglary, especially from an institution such as a bank or museum.
- n. A heist film: a film whose plot centers around an attempted robbery.
- v. To steal, rob, or hold up (something).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. commit a burglary; enter and rob a dwelling
- n. robbery at gunpoint
- n. the act of stealing
Alteration of hoist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Pronunciation variation of hoist (Wiktionary)