from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In or toward the direction from which the wind blows.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exposed to the wind
- adv. in the direction from which the wind is blowing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To wind up.
- adj. being or moving in the direction from which the wind is blowing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wind up; roll up; convolve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. toward the wind
- adj. towards the side exposed to wind
- adv. in the direction opposite to the direction the wind is blowing
Sorry, no etymologies found.