from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable or fit for sale; salable: vendible items of food.
- adj. Obsolete Venal.
- n. Something that can be sold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Salable; able to be bought, sold, or traded.
- n. Anything that can be bought and sold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being vended, or sold; that may be sold; salable.
- n. Something to be sold, or offered for sale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being or fit to be vended or sold; to be disposed of for money; salable; marketable.
- n. Something to be sold or offered for sale: as, butter, fowls, cheese, and other vendibles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fit to be offered for sale
From Latin vendibilis, from vendere ("to sell"). Compare vendable. (Wiktionary)