from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Of, relating to, resembling, or covered with villi.
- adj. Botany Covered with soft, shaggy unmatted hairs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. hairy, covered with soft long hair
- adj. Covered with villi
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding in, or covered with, fine hairs, or a woolly substance; shaggy with soft hairs; nappy.
- adj. Furnished or clothed with villi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having villi; abounding in villiform processes; covered with fine hairs or woolly substance; nappy; shaggy; finely hirsute or hispid: as, a villous membrane.
- In botany, pubescent with long and soft hairs which are not interwoven
From Latin villōsus, hairy, from villus, shaggy hair.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin villus "shaggy hair". (Wiktionary)