from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or associated with the yolk of an egg.
- adj. Having the yellow hue of an egg yolk; dull yellow.
- n. The yolk of an egg.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling the yolk of an egg
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the yolk of eggs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the vitellus, or yolk of an egg; forming a vitellus, as protoplasm: said especially of the large mass of food-yolk or deutoplasm of a meroblastic egg, or of the vitellicle.
- In enton. and botany, colored like the yolk of an egg; deep-yellow with a tinge of red.
- Also vitellary.
- n. Yolk; the vitellus; the vitellary substance. See I., 1.
vitell(us) + -ine1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)