from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of visor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a visor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See visor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Formerly, a mask concealing the face; hence, in general, any disguise or means of concealment.
- n. In more modern usage, the movable front of the helmet in general; more accurately, the upper movable part. Where there are two it is also called nasal. See cuts under armet and helmet.
- n. The countenance; visage.
- n. The fore piece of a cap, projecting over and protecting the eyes.
- To cover with a vizor, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a piece of armor plate (with eye slits) fixed or hinged to a medieval helmet to protect the face
- n. a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
Sorry, no etymologies found.