from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A line thought of as encircling the body at the waist.
- n. The measurement of this line.
- n. The point or line at which the skirt and bodice of a dress join.
- n. The part of a garment that covers the narrowest part of the waist or the part above or below it as the current fashion demands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a line around the body at the waist; its measurement
- n. the narrowest part of a garment, usually at the waist, but may be above or below depending on the dictates of fashion or the whim of the designer
- n. person having a large waistline
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the narrowing of the body between the ribs and hips
waist + line (Wiktionary)