American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Surgical removal of all or part of the vas deferens, usually as a means of sterilization.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Excision of the vas deferens.
- n. surgery The surgical removal of all or part of the vas deferens, usually as a means of male sterilization.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Surg.) Resection or excision of the vas deferens.
- n. surgical procedure that removes all or part of the vas deferens (usually as a means of sterilization); is sometimes reversible
- vas + -ectomy (Wiktionary)
“You secretly hope that the vasectomy is reversed naturally and you become pregnant again.”
“But part of this ambivalence involves kinda wanting an ‘accident’, for the decision to be made for me (which, post-vasectomy, is unlikely).”
“A vasectomy is an operation in which the tubes through which sperm travels are cut, leaving sperm unable to reach the testes and making a man unable to impregnate a woman.”
“It's because vasectomy is a brief office procedure performed under local anesthesia, compared to a tubal ligation, which is an intra-abdominal procedure performed under general anesthesia.”
“Sperm banking before vasectomy is not a guarantee of future fertility, since frozen and thawed sperm may be less viable than fresh sperm.”
“A vasectomy is the surgical removal of a small piece of the vas deferens.”
“You’ll feel better in 2011, if the vasectomy is a success.”
“I don’t know how much my strong longing was because a vasectomy is so FINAL.”
“It calls a vasectomy or tubal ligation mutilation.”
“A vasectomy was a no-brainer because it was so much easier and safer than a tubal ligation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vasectomy’.
Words that people pronounce in ways I wouldn't pronounce them.
denoting removal of a part
of or relating to vessels, esp. blood vessels
Looking for tweets for vasectomy.