from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An eye in which the iris is of a very light gray or whitish color; -- said usually of horses.
- n. An American fresh-water food fish (Stizostedion vitreum) having large and prominent eyes; -- called also glasseye, pike perch, yellow pike, and wall-eyed perch.
- n. A California surf fish (Holconotus argenteus).
- n. The alewife; -- called also wall-eyed herring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An eye in a condition in which it presents little or no color, the iris being light-colored or white, or opacity of the cornea being present; also, this condition itself.
- n. Divergent strabismus, in which the white of the eye is conspicuous.
- n. A large staring eye, as of some fishes.
- n. A wall-eyed fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pike-like freshwater perches
- n. strabismus in which one or both eyes are directed outward
Sorry, no etymologies found.