from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unfurnished room within a building used for hand washing, bathing, laundry, dish washing, etc.
- n. A lavatory; a room designed and equiped for washing hands, normally fitted with basins or sinks, drains, and running water available from taps or faucets.
- n. A similarly equipped room in an institution, such as a hospital or school or manufactory, designated for washing hands, bathing, laundering, or a combination of such.
- n. A specially designed chamber in a laboratory or industrial plant designed for emergency bathing such as may be needed for human exposure to harmful chemicals and the like.
- n. A bathroom, lavatory, toilet, restroom, or powder room.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a toilet that is available to the public
Sorry, no etymologies found.