from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A station between principal stations on a route, as of a railroad.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small railway station between the principal stations or a station where the train stops only on a signal.
- n. A service area or temporary lodging used during a longer journey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an intermediate station between principal stations on a line of travel, especially on a railroad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A station intermediate between principal stations on a railroad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stopping place on a journey
- n. a small railway station between the principal stations or a station where the train stops only on a signal
Sorry, no etymologies found.