from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A seat next to a window, as in the recess of a bay window or on a bus or airplane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A typically soft seat placed in a recess, for a window, in a wall, and filling the recess.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a seat arranged in the recess of a window. See Window stool, under Stool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A seat in the recess of a window.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bench or similar seat built into a window recess
Sorry, no etymologies found.