from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See oxalis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A white-flowered woodland plant, Oxalis acetosella.
- n. Any of several other species of the genus Oxalis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any plant of the genus Oxalis.
- n. a plant of the genus Oxalis (Oxalis Acetosella), having an acid taste. See Illust. (a) of Shamrock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Oxalis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant or flower of the genus Oxalis
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.