from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sack for wool.
- n. The official seat of the Lord Chancellor in the House of Lords.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wool bale or cushion, the traditional seat of the Lord Speaker in the British House of Lords.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sack or bag of wool; specifically, the seat of the lord chancellor of England in the House of Lords, being a large, square sack of wool resembling a divan in form.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sack or bag of wool.
- n. A cushion stuffed with wool, especially that on which the lord chancellor sits in the House of Lords. It is a large square bag of wool, without back or arms, covered with cloth.
wool + sack (Wiktionary)