from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. ruffian, bully, villain; especially a 16th-17th century vagabond operating under the guise of a maimed soldier or sailor
- n. braggart, swaggerer
- n. a sewing machine attachment for making ruffles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who ruffles; a swaggerer; a bully; a ruffian.
- n. That which ruffles; specifically, a sewing machine attachment for making ruffles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine for making ruffles, sometimes forming an attachment to a sewing-machine.
- n. A bully; a swaggerer; a ruffian; a violent and lawless person.
- n. Specifically A bullying thief or beggar; a blustering vagabond.
- n. Same as ruffer.
Sorry, no etymologies found.