from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody involved in the production, refinement or delivery of oil; such as an oil field worker or executive, or the owner of an oil well.
- n. A retailer who sells vegetable oils, and food preserved in oil
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who deals in oils; formerly, one who dealt in oils and pickles.
- n. A person working in the petroleum industry, esp. an oil company executive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who deals in oils; one who is engaged in the business of producing or of selling oil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who owns or operates oil wells
- n. a worker who produces or sells petroleum
Sorry, no etymologies found.