from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody involved in the production, refinement or delivery of oil; such as an oil field worker or executive, or the owner of an oil well.
- n. A retailer who sells vegetable oils, and food preserved in oil
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who deals in oils; formerly, one who dealt in oils and pickles.
- n. A person working in the petroleum industry, esp. an oil company executive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who deals in oils; one who is engaged in the business of producing or of selling oil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who owns or operates oil wells
- n. a worker who produces or sells petroleum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Who would have believed, just weeks ago, that America's most famous self-described "oilman," T. Boone Pickens, would be spending millions of dollars on an advertising campaign to convince Americans what had been obvious, but what had been denied by just about every other "oilman" in America: we can't drill our way out of our energy problems.
The film's central character is the self-proclaimed "oilman" Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis), who over the course of the film doesn't so much progress or change (like most dramatic characters do), as slowly unleash more and more of the inner depths that are churning inside him all the while.
But blaming "oilman" Bush for high prices began when the average price was well below today's $3.05 national average.
TFrancis wrote: The "oilman" doesn't have the power to stop tax credits or to establish energy policy.
So Mum, call the 'oilman' today! get your tank filled - my big sis will pay lol … … … … … … … …
Already, the family foundation of Dallas oilman/philanthropist Lee Fikes and his wife, Amy, has donated $250,000 for this purpose, Planned Parenthood said.
Clerk Mike Manatos sent the president a memo with a message from Bill Helis, a New Orleans oilman, who had called and asked that I relay to you his hope that the President will not attend the Martin Luther King funeral.
Anchored by an Oscar winning tour-de-force performance from Daniel Day-Lewis as turn-of-the-century oilman Daniel Plainview, the film is a disturbing and darkly funny portrait of a man who slowly and completely loses his humanity.
You a businessman, oilman, government man, special ops man or a teacher man?
The planes are owned by, among others, a Democratic trial lawyer, a Denver oilman and one of the country's largest Toyota dealers.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.