from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Designed to be wrapped around the body and fastened: a wraparound skirt.
- adj. Shaped to curve around the sides: a wraparound windshield.
- adj. Sports Of or being a shot, as in ice hockey, made after going behind the goal and turning sharply toward the side or front of the net.
- n. A garment that is open to the side and is wrapped around the body.
- n. Something that encompasses or laps over something else.
- n. A text placement feature, as of a word processing program, that automatically moves text that will not fit on one line to the following line.
- n. Sports A wraparound shot or goal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. designed to be wrapped around the body and tied
- adj. that extends around a corner or bend
- n. A garment that is wrapped around the body and tied.
- n. A label or advertising display that wraps around a container.
- n. Word wrap, the word processing feature that moves text on to the next line if it will not fit on the current one.
- n. wrapping of numerical value in case of underflow or overflow
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garment (as a dress or coat) with a full length opening; adjusts to the body by wrapping around
Sorry, no etymologies found.