from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chalicelike holder for a hot coffee cup, typically made of ornamented metal, used in the Middle East.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an ornamental container designed to hold a coffee cup and insulate it from the hand of the imbiber
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A metallic cuplike stand used for holding a finjan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A holder for a coffee-cup:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ornamental metal cup-shaped holder for a hot coffee cup
Arabic ẓarf, container.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Turkish zarf, from Arabic ظَرْف ẓarf, "container" (Wiktionary)