from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Christianity Lamb of God; Jesus. Also called Paschal Lamb.
- n. A liturgical prayer to Jesus.
- n. The last item of the Ordinary of the Roman Catholic Mass.
- n. A musical setting for either of these texts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small model or a picture of a lamb with a cross.
- n. A bar of wax imprinted with a similar shape and blessed by the Pope.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A figure of a lamb bearing a cross or flag.
- A cake of wax stamped with such a figure. It is made from the remains of the paschal candles and blessed by the Pope.
- A triple prayer in the sacrifice of the Mass, beginning with the words “Agnus Dei.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. figure of a lamb; emblematic of Christ
- n. a liturgical prayer beginning with these Latin words
Late Latin Agnus Deī : Latin agnus, lamb + Latin deī, genitive of deus, god.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin Agnus Dei ("lamb of God"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.