from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun A state of the
United States of America.. Capital Jefferson City; largest city: Kansas City: Postal abbreviation: MO
- proper noun The longest river in the
United States, flowing from Montanato become a tributary of the Mississippiat Saint Louis.
- proper noun A
Native American tribethat originally lived in the Great Lakesregion of United States.
- proper noun historical An organized
territoryin the United States during the nineteenth century.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a dialect of the Chiwere language spoken by the Missouri
- noun a midwestern state in central United States; a border state during the American Civil War, Missouri was admitted to the Confederacy without actually seceding from the Union
- noun a member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the valley of the Missouri river in Missouri
- noun the longest river in the United States; arises in Montana and flows southeastward to become a tributary of the Mississippi at Saint Louis
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
CHRISTY, CALLER FROM MISSOURI: I live in Branson, Missouri, and I've got to tell you, there is so much bigotry down here and death threats about Obama and his health care.
CLAIRE MCCASKILL (D) MISSOURI: I have to be assured that this is going to bring down the deficit and it's going to bring down health care costs for most Missouri families.
CLAIRE MCCASKILL, (D) MISSOURI: I have to be assured that this is going to bring down the deficit and it's going to bring down the cost for mostly Missouri families.
CLAIRE MCCASKILL (D), MISSOURI: I have to be assured that this is going to bring down the deficit and it's going to bring down health care cost for most Missouri families.
CORPORAL BILL LOWE, MISSOURI STATE HIGHWAY PATROL: Well, over the last 12 hours, as you said, we have said identified an additional suspect and he was taken into custody last night in Kansas City, Missouri by the Jackson County sheriff's office.
PETER RAHN, DIRECTOR, MISSOURI, DOT: The stimulus bill is funding work in Missouri that otherwise would not be taking place.
LOUIS, MISSOURI: My name is Bob Wilson from St. Louis, Missouri, and my question is, the money that we lose in our IRA, in our pension fund, where does that lost money end up?
CLAIRE MCCASKILL (D), MISSOURI: Well, I think what you have to do -- I'm from Missouri.
EMANUEL CLEAVER (D), MISSOURI: Missouri is a tough, tough state to win.
PETER KINDER, LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR OF MISSOURI: I am actually in a-- in a highway patrol car on a driving tour of Poplar Bluff, Missouri.