from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The first woman, bestowed upon humankind as a punishment for Prometheus's theft of fire. Entrusted with a box containing all the ills that could plague people, she opened it out of curiosity and thereby released all the evils of human life.
- n. The satellite of Saturn that is fourth in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Entomophthoraceae — certain fungi not placed within a phylum.
- proper n. The first woman on earth, who had been given a box by the gods and instructed not to open it, but who disobeyed the instructions out of curiosity, releasing all manner of evils into the world.
- proper n. A moon of the planet Saturn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A beautiful woman (all-gifted), whom Jupiter caused Vulcan to make out of clay in order to punish the human race, because Prometheus had stolen the fire from heaven. Jupiter gave Pandora a box containing all human ills, which, when the box was opened, escaped and spread over the earth. Hope alone remained in the box. Another version makes the box contain all the blessings of the gods, which were lost to men when Pandora opened it.
- proper n. A genus of marine bivalves, in which one valve is flat, the other convex.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In class. myth., the name of the first mortal woman, on whom all the gods and goddesses bestowed gifts.
- n. In zoology, a name (mostly generic) variously used.
- n. A variant of bandore for bandore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the first woman; created by Hephaestus on orders from Zeus who presented her to Epimetheus along with a box filled with evils
However, around the reality of life in people is actually a very cruel. pandora jewelry Pandora tells of life, so that you can not go according to your own life to live
BASH: Now, Craig's attorney, Stan Brand, says that the Ethics Committee would embarrass itself by opening what he called a Pandora's box by reprimanding Senator Craig for a misdemeanor, but it is important to know that the Ethics Committee now is conducting a preliminary investigation.
Here he came upon a pass, which he called Pandora's Pass, [See Appendix.] and which he found to be practicable as a stock route to the plains.
We had never discussed the past, as whenever I broached the subject of my childhood she would say she did not want to open what she described as a Pandora's box.
The environment of Pandora is lush, the epitome of natural beauty.
However, Pandora is THE main character of the movie, and that's all told visually.
Anyways … Pandora is rocking my socks off right now.
The scenes in Pandora — a planet with an Earth-like environment — are so breathtaking that the narrative seems almost beside the point.
The characters were purest Kabuki, but the scientists acted like real scientists, had a sense of collegiality, seemed genuinely interested in Pandora and its ecosystem.
The rainforest-on-steroids world of Pandora is so fully realized and enveloping that I often lost sight of the fact that it was computer generated.