from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A violent, cold, northeasterly winter wind on the Adriatic Sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A initiation ceremony for males among the Aborigines of New South Wales.
- n. A cold, often dry, northeasterly wind which blows, sometimes in violent gusts, down from mountains on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea. It also applies to cold, squally, downslope winds in other parts of the world.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name given on the coasts of the Adriatic sea to a violent dry wind blowing from a northeasterly direction.
- n. A ceremony of the natives of eastern Australia by which a boy is admitted to the rights of manhood.
'bora' ground once obtained, and the smoke from cannibal fires curled slowly upwards to the blue vault of heaven, is heard the cheerful ring of the blacksmith's hammer, the crack of the bullock-whip, as the team moves slowly onward beneath the weight of seven-feet canes, and the measured throb of machinery from the factory, where the crushed plant is yielding up its sweets between the inexorable iron crushers.
July 21, 2010 at 12:19 pm my “most wanted to see” destinations are: Bora-bora, Indonesia and Greece!
And ... .. it would have been better if penn was in bora bora.
Good shut-up and go to bora, bora until November 5.
This guy should take off with mr. bill to bora bora until the election is over.
I still say off to bora, bora with him to play with the natives with no press.
By the way, if clinton sent him to bora, bora along with penn, I submit she very may well have pulled off the primary.
One, send him to bora bora until after february 5.
Who knows, if this would have happened she might have been on a speaking engagement in bora bora and the vp would have had to deal with the crisis.
Also, bin laden escaped from tora bora in large part because of the lack of american troops.