from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A native or inhabitant of Picardy.
- noun The Romance language traditionally spoken in Picardy and adjacent parts of Belgium, descended from the Langue d'oïl and closely related to French.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Eccles., one of a sect in Bohemia about the beginning of the fifteenth century, suppressed by Ziska in 1421.
- noun A shoe worn by men, introduced into England as the fashion of the French about 1720. It was high-quartered, and not unlike the modern brogan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Eccl. Hist.) One of a sect of Adamites in the fifteenth century; -- so called from one
Picardof Flanders. See adamite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective of, from, or relating to,
- noun Someone from
- noun historical A member of an
Adamite sectof the sixteenth century and earlier, in the Flemish Netherlands and in Bohemia.
- proper noun A
Romance languageclosely related to French
- proper noun A
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
Have you ever seen the episode of Star Trek TNG when captain Picard is ordered to step down from the position of Captain of the Enterprise?
That, too, was a name Picard remembered from the report.
Like to see Captain Picard do that – oh wait, he had that mud fight with his brother, that was cool.
That was the summer that began with the revelation that Captain Picard had been assimilated by the Borg.
Picard is made aware of his own mortality by the death of his loved ones.
A shaved head has helped actor Patrick Stewart ( "Star Trek" 's Captain Picard) extend his sexy years into his 70s.
So, you know how the Borg were the coolest thing about Star Trek: TNG, right after Captain Picard and, um … Um. Well.
Or to Captain Picard, for that matter, in Nemesis?
But Picard is not the only one involved in a cover up.
Picard is open source and scriptable, leaving it wide open for tinkering to suit your needs.