from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a traditionally nomadic hunting people of southwest Africa.
- n. Any of the Khoisan languages of the San.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A member of the ethnically distinct, short-statured nomadic people of southern Africa.
- proper n. Any of a dozen related Khoisan languages spoken by the San.
- proper n. A river in southeastern Poland and western Ukraine.
Yuki San [Footnote: The honorific _Chan_, used only in childhood, is changed to _San_ in later years.] had passed from childhood into girlhood, and had already touched the border of that grave land of grown-up, where all the worries lie.
SAN FRANCISCO - Months after abruptly dropping his bid to be California's governor, San
SAN DIEGO - For the Blue Jays, the only thing worse than losing a game and a series in San
SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) _ Treasure Island is officially the property of the city of San
SAN FRANCISCO - A man accused of swiping an Apple iPhone out of a woman's hand in San
SAN DIEGO - A rare World War II dive bomber was lifted 90 feet from the bottom of a San
Monday, July 26, 2010 at 5: 17 p.m. SAN FRANCISCO - An appeals court has ruled that two Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants in San
SAN DIEGO - (Business Wire) In a landmark case that opens the door for substantial boosts in commercial real estate loan recovery for lenders, the Arizona Superior Court has issued a ruling enabling San
SAN FRANCISCO-A man accused of swiping an Apple iPhone out of a woman's hand in San
SAN FRANCISCO - Barry Zito struck out 10 in eight dominant innings of two-hit ball and the San