from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The hollow under the upper part of the arm at the shoulder.
- noun Slang The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The hollow place or cavity under the shoulder; the axilla.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The hollow beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder; the axilla.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- noun Somewhere or something considered foul.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the hollow under the arm where it is joined to the shoulder
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Also, making fart noises with your armpit is hilarious.
While the rest of America prospered after World War II, fast-shrinking Scranton became known as the armpit of Pennsylvania, a designation it has never entirely shaken.
My armpit is itching and I can’t scratch it but it’s driving me insane.
In the afternoon I went to the doctor, since it seems I have a sebaceous cyst in my left armpit, which is very inflamed.
Niagara Falls otherwise known as the armpit of Canada has a lot of anti-Asian sentiment..
When you were 9, playing your armpit was a cool trick.
No one likes to look over when you have your arm raised and see a yellow stain in your armpit, that is just plain disgusting!
The odor of the armpit is the most powerful in the body, sufficiently powerful to act as a muscular stimulant even in the absence of any direct sexual association.
Just under the armpit was the mark of the bullet -- a small puncture already closed, half hidden under a clot or two of blood.
You can also buy things known as armpit shields that help limit how visible the sweating is on the outside of your clothes.