from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible.
- adjective Capable of being gotten; obtainable.
- adjective Qualified and willing to serve or assist.
- adjective Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction.
- adjective Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Profitable; advantageous; having efficacy.
- Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy for the object; valid.
- Capable of being used or employed with advantage; attainable; accessible; at one's disposal: as, his resources were not available at the time.
- Advailable is a rare and obsolete form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective obsolete Having sufficient power, force, or efficacy, for the object; effectual; valid.
- adjective Such as one may avail one's self of; capable of being used for the accomplishment of a purpose; usable; profitable; advantageous; convertible into a resource
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Such as one may
availone’s self of; capableof being used for the accomplishmentof a purpose.
- adjective Readily
- adjective law
- adjective archaic Having
sufficient power, force, or efficacyto achieve the purpose; availing, effective.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective obtainable or accessible and ready for use or service
- adjective convenient for use or disposal
- adjective not busy; not otherwise committed
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
If that's the best spin available, is it better than no spin at all???
Perhaps the most important piece of information from IDPF's meeting in NYC was that overall sales increased when an author made his/her title available via ebook.
"Recently, one of the region's Virgin Megastores included in its book section the Arabic translation of Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler, a title available worldwide in major bookstores and online," a statement said.
During physicals, Jan. 3 through 8 at the Daily News at its new location, 4 New York Plaza near the Staten Island Ferry terminal, all boxers in attendance are required to have their coaches present or obliged to have a name available for paperwork.
Now they've heroically made the title available again, not only as hard copy for £10 through print-on-demand, but also as a free PDF download (13. 55MB).
The new tracks are thanks to a deal Sony has signed with Universal Music that will see hit songs from the label available on SingStore, the online store for SingStar on the PS3.
A few months ago, Time Magazine made a list of final candidates for this title available on its website and began collecting votes.
Note: We will not be making copies of this title available to large online retailers or our wholesale accounts.
There are circumstances in which the only word available is “to persist”.
This makes this title available to those who do not have book purchases in their budget.