from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
elicit, evoke, or emphasizea particular quality.
- verb chiefly UK To place (something new for public sale) on the market;
- verb chiefly UK To make a
shyperson more confident.
- verb chiefly UK To cause a visible
symptomsuch as spotsor a rash
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb take out of a container or enclosed space
- verb make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
- verb encourage to be less reserved
- verb direct attention to, as if by means of contrast
- verb bring onto the market or release
- verb make visible
- verb bring out of a specific state
- verb prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
- verb bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.