from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Make shorter by cutting
- verb idiomatic
interruptand curtailbefore the planned end time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
- verb interrupt before its natural or planned end
- verb make shorter as if by cutting off
- verb cause to end earlier than intended
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.