from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove water from; make anhydrous.
- transitive v. To preserve by removing water from (vegetables, for example). See Synonyms at dry.
- transitive v. To deplete the bodily fluids of: The hot weather dehydrated the runners.
- intransitive v. To lose water or bodily fluids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to lose or remove water; to dry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of water; to render free from water.
- intransitive v. to lose water or moisture.
- intransitive v. to lose sufficent water to cause physiological distress; -- of living organisms
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of or free from water.
- To lose water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. lose water or moisture
- v. remove water from
- v. preserve by removing all water and liquids from
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Place meat strips on a rack so that they do not touch each other, and dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours in the oven, or until desired consistency is achieved ...
You can dehydrate let them dry or just place them in the oven with
Also Imay have to go to jail/prison where I will dehydrate & die.
I hate them but as much as Ihate them Iwill not lay in a jail to dehydrate & toss all fluids in my body & die with no medical help.
I freeze it in 5 pound bags and then when ever I need a more I just thaw, season and dehydrate, I have got my recipe to the point that my wife has is encouraging me to fill an extra doe tag just so we have enough jerky meat for our summer camping and fishing trips.
This pressing helps to subside the puffing up of the roti and helps dehydrate it faster.
Even better, you can slice and dehydrate these for a great chewy super healthy treat for your beloved furry Valentine.
All coffee does is dehydrate you even more than you already are.
Skipping past all the obvious puns, it seems that a conservator is going to dehydrate the dress for display, not consumption.
Since fat will not dehydrate and it gets funky with age, the best meats are lean muscles that are well trimmed.