from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking motivation and energy; very tired; knackered.
- adj. Of a battery, empty of charge; discharged.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of drain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having lost much energy or emotion from vigorous activity; -- of people.
- adj. having resources completely depleted.
- adj. having no power remaining; -- of a battery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. drained of electric charge; discharged
- adj. very tired
- adj. emptied or exhausted of (as by drawing off e.g. water or other liquid)
BUT the expression drained from her face, her heart crumpling as she saw what he held in his hand, at the hard set of his jaw.
The Sierra Nevada range is the backbone of our state and when the snows are shallow our valley rivers suffer as well, water has to be drained from the storage facilities for crops and cities, little is considered for the wildlife.
Supply-side economics ALWAYS slows down the economy because the money is drained from the people that spend money that drive the economy.
Our brains were drained from the communities that raised us by promises of resumes paved with gold — and we mean to get that gold by hook or crook.
And the first resource that's been drained is our military personnel, who have spent the past decade on long, backbreaking deployments.
I second this policy (control low-skill immigration and go wild with high-skill), but educated Mexicans should not be preferred over all the brains that could be drained from the developing world.
With the tub between them, they proceeded to carry it to one side in order to dump it where the ground drained from the cabin.
This natural process converts the nasty aspects of the black water into more benign liquid that is drained from the septic tank.
What we haven't borrowed from other countries is being drained from the US citizens everyday, and we can't keep going like this!
The filter should be back flushed often, that means that water will be drained from the pool during the back flushing operation.