from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having had experience in an activity or in life in general.
- adjective Skilled or knowledgeable as the result of active participation or practice.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Taught by practice or by repeated observations; skilful or wise by means of trials, use, or observation: as, an experienced artist; an experienced physician.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- past participle Taught by practice or by repeated observations; skillful or wise by means of trials, use, or observation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having experience and skill in a subject.
- verb Past participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective having experience; having knowledge or skill from observation or participation
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
"Now, sir," said Loftus, "let me ask you what is the greatest amount of heat you have ever experienced -- I say _experienced_, not _heard_ of -- for that goes for nothing.
He founded Death Row in 1991 with Dr. Dre, and the label experienced several years of success as it became the recording home of the rappers Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.
He has qualities that are hard to match even in "experienced" politicians, whose mistakes in judgement have been repeated multiple times. fumblinstumblinoidiot
What Palin has experienced is simply the media looking into doors she opened herself in her shameless bid for self-promotion as a demagogue diva. dina osullivan
The bad news was he had [name of sickness thing that hopefully Tara will know because I'm currently drawing a blank], which, despite myself never having experienced, is not a fun time.
What you just experienced is a typical moment in Atomic Robo - the place where pyramids go mobile and imaginary physics is just around the corner.
He was by no means in experienced, being a fifteen year veteran of the Exploratory branch of the Orbital Command, but he had never seen a situation like this.
Obama is an in experienced coward and a fool, 143 days as congressman ..
But if what I experienced is the norm in Rejkjavik, (sp.) then the justification for this law becomes a little more understandable.
A front yard of usable dimensions to kick a ball, or have a front yard courtyard where outside lounging, eating, and sun rays can be experienced is usually eliminated.